I love Disney, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not 100% sure that after my extension I want to stay here. I don’t know if this is stemming completely from the fact I got a ticket the other day from a dick of a cop or because I actually have serious problems here in Florida.
1. Make magic
2. Warm weather
3. Boyfriend not terribly far away (only like 3.5 hours away)
4. Disney benefits (health plan- once I’m full time anyways, park admissions, discounts etc.)
5. Pools everywhere.
6. Can move around/serious opportunity for growth
Cons (about Disney and Florida):
1. Dick cops
2. Terrible drivers (tourists!)
3. Weather. Summer way to hot and rains too much. Winter still too warm. There is no Fall or Spring. Just hot and wet or just hot/warm. It cools off a little at night but I still overheat in a sweatshirt.
4. I can’t paint my nails (work in food)
5. I can’t wear the clothes I want to. At work I only wear my costumes and on my days off I tend to just wear comfy clothes because I only end up leaving my apartment to go to the grocery story or do laundry. Even so it’s still too hot to wear the clothes I really want to wear (like sweaters, jeans, boots, blazers etc. you know, typical fall clothes).
6. Barely any Jewish community around here (seemingly). Even so, don’t have time to dedicate to my Judaism/Jewish-ness while working for Disney anyways. Work is too much of a time suck.
7. I’ve become practically nocturnal. Work afternoons/nights, can’t see/talk to friends much because they all work when I’m available and vice versa.
8. No routine or sleep schedule. Even if I tried to establish one, it is impossible to create one. My work schedule changes too much.
9.Not guaranteed days off, ever, even when requested.
10. Bugs (bed bugs, roaches etc) everywhere.
If I stayed (part time/full time) with Disney, where would I want to go within the company? No idea there. If I left, where would I move? My boyfriend just moved back down here. Plus, what kind of jobs would I look for? What am I qualified for? Do I want to stay in Disney because I love it here or because it’s convenient and I’m comfortable? Should I take now to travel and explore or save money and work?
Thoughts? Help? Advice?
I got approved to extend! As of right now I’m supposed to stay at Outdoor Vending at Magic Kingdom, which is really exciting. It would have been nice to work another part of the system (like attractions or character attendant) but I love ODV/ODF and am glad I get to stay.
Ran into my friend Sydney the other day (and by friend I really mean acquaintance because even though she lives across from me and works the same park, I’ve talked to her about half a dozen times since we first met). She got a legit job with a local charity and is looking to get an apartment nearby. I’m thinking about maybe living with her, especially because it would be about the same price as living in CP housing, but I don’t really know her. Whenever we do see each other we talk about hanging out or doing something but we never do anything about it. I forgot I even had her number. It might just be easier/less hassle if I stay. I don’t know, we’ll see.
On the topic of roommates:
About two or so weeks ago Courtney rediscovered a leak in her’s and Cassie’s bathroom. Turns out a pipe was leaking upstairs. The 2nd floor apartment all had to move out (bye loud noisy guys!!!) to fix everything. They had to do some construction in the bathroom down here too, and because most of us are nocturnal, housing gave us all access to the emergency/flood/fire apartment. Cassie moved over there but Courtney flat out moved into Patterson with her friend Becca, who was having “roommate problems” (don’t believe her, never heard them complain before but hey, whatever). When it was safe for Cassie to move back in, Victoria switched bedrooms so she no longer had to live with Jade (they have some issues between them over cleanliness and hygiene). So now it’s down to the five of us (well, basically four because Julie is never home and always at her boyfriend’s place). Victoria also finally managed to get recast into merchandise at Studios after she was almost terminated from housekeeping. YEAY!!! SHE DOESN’T HAVE TO LEAVE!
Off topic but I got addicted to this Korean dramedy called “Heirs” on Hulu. So good. Kind of immature (it’s aimed at high school students/young adults) but I love it. So glad the episodes are an hour long each! It’s only a few weeks in so catch up while you can!
Halloween parties have ended. Christmas parties start Friday. I can’t even.
So I guess that’s basically it right now. Peace out girl scouts.