Easy way to make homemade fries or chips!.
1. Wash and Peel your potatoes
2. Either julienne the potatoes OR use a mandolin to slice your potatoes as thick or thin as you want (I lean towards the thinner side). We used our little hand mandolin so we didn’t have any choices in thickness. Their shape will dictate if they’re more like chips or fries. Taste wonderful either way.
3. Fry in a wok over med/med-high heat (make sure the oil is hot enough first!!). We used vegetable oil.
4. When done in batches, it takes between about 4 1/2 minutes, depending on their thickness.
5. Drain on a cookie sheet covered in paper towels. Salt to taste!